What is a HERO?
All community members are welcome to participate. There will be opportunities for people of all ages and abilities.
- Do you have an extra few hours a month to spend brightening someone's day?
- Have extra furniture cluttering up your basement?
- Do you have an extra seat in your car to take someone to church with you?
- Have a fun hobby or job that you would like to share with someone?
- Do you need help with yard work?
- Have a work or volunteer position that is hard to fill?
We have individuals to fill these needs!
Project HERO is a network of people who are committed to supporting individuals with disabilities and their families.
The program is designed to connect the individuals we serve to their community and assist them in becoming active members of society. We do this in a variety of ways, big and small, and believe that the journey of life is better when people help and support each other.
County Boards across the state, along with providers and families, have been providing needs and are already doing what Project HERO continually strives to accomplish.
HOWEVER, we need your help!
Resources are sometimes limited or the need is just too great. Project HERO is a network or community that includes people of disabilities, to help fill a need, but also to allow them a chance to give back to their community.