Our Neck of the Woods: News and Events

MEORC Guernsey County - Sonya

Early Intervention - Easton

Employment Navigation - Randy

Early Intervention - Regan

Employment Navigation - Will

Click here

Click here


Click here for the new newsletter.

 Working Wednesday

Our November Working Wednesday individual is Jolene.

Jolene has been employed at Burger King since June 2018. Jolene really loves her job at Burger King; her co-workers make her days better. She was referred to the Employment First Initiative and selected TEAM as her employment vendor. With the supports of TEAM she began the job search process and was able to successfully become employed in the community.

Congratulations Jolene!


Community Partner Award

The Community Partner Award is our thanks to our partners in the community who go the extra mile for our individuals!

Guernsey County District Public Library


Upcoming Events/Programs

To register, click here

Communication Disability Law

An individual with a medically diagnosed communication disability who drives or regularly has someone with a communication disability in their vehicle, can voluntarily enroll in a database that connects to the Law Enforcement Agencies Data System (LEADS). An officer can then be made aware that the driver or a person in the vehicle may have difficulty communicating with the officer to reduce any potential misunderstandings or communication problems.  

Individuals who are interested in self-identifying can complete a Verification Form and take the completed Verification Form to their licensed medical practitioner who can validate the individual has a communication disability. Forms can be found online or in the front office of the Guernsey County Board of Developmental Disabilities.

Completed  Verification Forms can be mailed to:

Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles/Vehicle Information Services
P.O. Box 16521
Columbus, Ohio 43216-6521

Completed applications can also be e-mailed to VIS-Administration@dps.ohio.gov or hand delivered to any Deputy Registrar (BMV).

For more information, visit Frequently Asked Questions or call 614-438-1203 or 1-800-282-4536, extension 1203. 

Click here to download the form.